INCI Name: PEG-8 Dimethicone
TPD-3340C is polyether modified silicone oil, of which the structure contains different kinds of polyether chains. It is safe and non-toxic, and it has excellent emulsifying performance. A wide range of viscosities of PDMS and a various of modified silicone oils can be emulsified very easily, without mixing with other emulsifiers, and the emulsions made will be very stable. This product is an ideal Si/W silicone emulsifier.
- Excellent emulsifying performance, achieving good emulsifying effects without mixing with other emulsifiers
- Wide viscosity range of emulsified continuous oil phase
- Safe and non-toxic, suitable for cosmetics
Item Typical Value Appearance Colorless to light yellow transparent or translucent liquid Specific Gravity, (25℃, g/cm3) 1.00-1.02 Viscosity (25℃, cSt) 400-700 Cloud Point, ℃ 34-45 Refractive Index, 25℃ 1.435-1.445
TPD-3340C used as an O/W emulsifier, it is mainly used in O/W silicone emulsion formulation. For example, it can emulsify PDMS, Phenyl methicone, Hydroxyl silicone oil, Amino silicon oil, Alkyl silicone oil, etc, and stable low viscosity O/ W silicone oil emulsion can be obtained.
How to use
The recommended dosage is 2~10% (according to the total formulation amount).
First, mix TPD-3340C with silicone oil to form a uniform system(System A), then add a small amount of water into the uniform system at one time, and continue to stir fully. It can achieve the initial emulsion like cream, then continue to add water. At this stage, the amount of water should be adjusted according to the formulation. Add water gradually and stir them at the same time. Finally, the stable silicone emulsion can be achieved.
N.W.50KGS Plastic Drums or N.W.200KGS Iron Drums.
Transportation & Storage
1. Transported as non-dangerous cargo.
2. Require sealed and airproof packing.
3. Stored in a dry and cool place.
4. Avoid contact with acid, alkali and other impurities
5. Keep away from fire, heat source, direct sunlight and rain.