[INCI/CTFA]: Phenyl Trimethicone
Chemical Name: Silsesquioxanes, phenyl trimethylsilyloxy-terminated
CAS No: 70131-69-0
Equivalent Product: Dowsil 556, Dow Corning 556
TPD-556 is a phenyl-modified polymethylphenylsiloxane. It is co-soluble with ethanol and mineral oils. It can provide oxidation resistance, UV protection, gas permeable, softness, smooth, and so on. It can be used in the formulations to improve the functions of cosmetic ingredients. Use as a waterproof additive to reduce the viscosity of the formulation. It can be used in skin care cream/lotion, shaving cream, sun proof, etc. It is also an ideal ingredient for hair care products to improve the glossing.
- Resistant to oxidation
- Good compatibility with organic solvent
- Water resistence
- Easily emulsifiied
- Excellent hydrophobic and gas permeable properties
- Good anti-stick and anti-tack characteristics
- Provide excellence non-oily, Non-greasy and silky feel
Item Typical Value Appearance Colorless to slight yellow transparent fluid Viscosity (25℃, cSt) 18~27 Specific gravity (25℃, g/cm3) 0.980~1.025 Refractive Index, 25℃ 1.4600~1.4690
TPD-556 can be used in a wide range of personal care applications, such as color cosmetics, skin care, sun care, hair care, and so on.
How to use
TPD-556 can be emulsified with common emulsifiers and methods. The product is co-soluble with ethanol and mineral oils and has excellent compatibility with other cosmetic ingredients such as isopropyl alcohol, paraffin oil, beeswax, paraffin, and wool oil.
The recommended usage level is 0.5-5%
N.W.20KG plastic pails or N.W. 200Kg iron drums.
Transportation & Storage
1. Transported as non-dangerous cargo.
2. The product should be stored in a shady, dry place with the temperature 0°C-40°C
3. Avoid from acid, alkali chemical materials and other impurities.