[INCI Name]: Cyclomethicone (and) PEG-18/PPG-18 Dimethicone
Equivalent Product: Dow Corning 5225C
Formulation Aid TPD-3525C is a dispersion of high molecular weight polyether modified silicone oil in cyclopentasiloxane. It is an ideal material specifically for water-in-volatile silicone formulations. As a dispersion aid for both non-polar and polar ingredients, it can make non-polar ingredients in the external silicone phase and polar ingredients in the internal aqueous phase.
- An excellent formulation aid as a dispersion for emollients, moisturisers, sunscreens and antiperspirants, etc.
- Good stability in w/o formulations
- Making w/o emulsion more clearer
Item Typical Value Appearance Milky-white translucent liquid Specific Gravity, (25℃, g/cm3) 0.930-0.970 Viscosity (25℃, cSt) 45-120 Solid Content, (%, w/w) 10-14 Flash Point, ℃ 75
TPD-3525C can be used in a wide range of personal care applications such as: Skin care, Sun care, Antiperspirants and Deodorants, etc.
How to use
The recommended usage level is 4-12%(according to the total formulation amount).
Slowly add the water phase to the oil phase using a high-speed mixer to enhance the stability of W/O emulsion. Increasing the proportion of water phase can increase the viscosity of the system.
1. Stir the product before use.
2. Use a homogeniser to stabilize the product further.
3. Electrolytes, preferably NaCl at a level of 1-2% should be added to the water phase to ensure long-term stability.
N.W.50KGS Plastic Drums or N.W.200KGS Iron Drums.
Transportation & Storage
1. Transported as non-dangerous cargo
2. Require sealed and airproof packing.
3. Stored in a dry and cool place.
4. Avoid contact with acid, alkali and other impurities
5. Keep away from fire, heat source, direct sunlight and rain.