Composition: Alkyl Aryl Siloxane Emulsion
Other Name: Die casting release agent, Die casting mould release lubricant TPD-4230-60 is a water-based release agent developed for die casting, such as aluminum, magnesium, zinc alloy die-casting.
- High temperature resistance, can withstand high temperature above 360℃
- Good stability;
- Excellent dispersion;
- Excellent film forming ability;
- Easy to be used;
- Dilution ratio with water (1: 400~1: 600);
- Does not affect the post-processing performance(such as painting, electroplating, printing) of castings;
Item Unit Typical Value Appearance High viscous gray liquid Active Content % 60±2 pH Value 7 Dilution Liquid Water
Die casting release agent TPD-4230-60 can be used in many kinds of metal die casting, such as aluminum, magnesium, zinc alloy die-casting. It is especially suitable for applications with high die temperatures and for the production of big, heavy and complicated parts.
How to use
Die casting release agent TPD-4230-60 is a water-based concentrate, that has to be diluted in a ratio of 1:400 up to 1:600 with water, prior to the application. The mixture ratio depends on many factors, such as the release agent’s application form as well as on die-casting machine parameters. In certain occasions, the perfect dilution ratio has to be individually determined through trials.
Available in N.W. 25kg plastic drums or N.W.200kg iron drums.
Transportation & Storage
1. Transported as non-dangerous cargo.
2. High temperature and freezing should be avoided during transportation and storage.
3. After first opening the product, be sure to seal tightly and store in a cool dark place.
Shelf life: 6 months.
Die casting Release Agent TPD-4230-60 is a kind of high viscous gray liquid, it has to be diluted with 5 times of water before use. The specific dilution method is listed as follows:
1. Pour 10kg Mould Release Agent TPD-4230-60 into the drum;
2. Set the stirring machine at the rate of 400-500r/min;
3. The water can be added in 5 stages, 3kg each time in the previous 3 stages, after adding the water, the mixed liquid should be stirred uniformly, then add the water continuously, the water can be added in a large amount in the last 2 stages.
If the mixed liquid is stirred by hand, the above mentioned method can also be applicable.
After the above dilution, then we will get Release Agent TPD-4230-10, TPD-4230-10 can be stored
for about one week, if the thickener is added, it can be stored for a longer time.
Before use, TPD-4230-10 has to be diluted in a ratio of 1: 80 up to 1:120 with water, then it can be sprayed directly into the mold surface with a spray gun.
1. During stirring process, the speed of stirring machine should not be too fast to avoid water splash;
2. The mixed liquid should be stirred uniformly, after the release agent and water is mixed as a whole, then add the water continuously.
3. The stirring time should be controlled within 10-15 minutes, long-time stirring should be avoided.
4. Recommended solid content of diluted emulsion should be not less than 10%, after diluted, it should be sealed and used as soon as possible.
Mould Release Agent TPD-4230-60 can also be diluted in a ratio of 1: 400 up to 1:600 with water directly before use, then it can be sprayed into the mold surface with a spray gun. However, it should be used immediately after the dilution or it will go bad.