Chemical Name: Methyl phenyl polysiloxane
CAS No: 63148-52-7
Equivalent Products: Dow Corning 510, Dow Corning 550, Dow Corning 710
Contrast Test Report by third party of TPD-550 VS Dow Corning 550 is available.
Phenyl Methyl Silicone Oil TPD-550 is a colorless transparent liquid. Because of the phenyl group on the polymer chain, it has excellent radiation, oxidation and temperature resistance.
- Excellent resistance to high and low tempratures (-50~300°C)
- Low volatility
- Excellent heat transfer characteristics
- Flat viscosity temperature curve
- Good compressibility
- Good oxidation and radiation resistance
- Good miscibility with organic resin
|Appearance||Colorless Transparent Liquid|
|Specific Gravity, g/cm3||0.99-1.10|
|Refractive Index, nD25||1.4700-1.4900|
|Flash Point, ℃||≥270||≥300|
|Freezing Point, ℃||≤-50||≤-30|
- Base oil for high temperature greases.
- Lubricating oil for high temperature instruments.
- Impregnating oil for the use in high ambient temperatures.
As heat transfer medium:
- Heat-treating baths for specialty metals.
- Heat exchange fluid for research apparatus and instrument calibration baths.
- Heat transfer oil in capacitors, transformers and various electronics.
As thermostat fluid:
- Suitable for the use in thermostat systems which should be kept clean.
As insulating oil:
- Suitable for the use under high pressure as an insulating oil.
As plastic additives:
- Suitable for the use in polycarbonate formulations as an additive for flame retardancy.
Phenyl Methyl Silicone Oil TPD-550 is available in 5kg plastic drums, 25kg plastic drums, 25kg Iron drums or 200kg Iron drums.
Transportation & Storage
1. Transported as non-dangerous cargo.
2. The product should be stored in a shady, dry place with the temperature 0°C-40°C, freezing should be avoided.
3. Avoid from acid, alkali chemical materials and other impurities.
Shelf life: 3 years.